A fall is defined as an event which causes a person to, unintentionally rest on the ground and is not a result of a major intrinsic event or overwhelming hazard. Rest? When I talk to elderly people, falling is one of their biggest fears as it often leads to a lack of independence
Falls and fractures in older people are often preventable, and reducing them is important for maintaining the health, wellbeing and independence of older people. Do something your future self will thank you for and join one of our Tai Chi classes today.
Most falls don’t happen from a height, but rather when individuals slip or trip. Tai Chi for falls prevention is one way to reduce your risk, so why not join us at one of our classes which are currently held in a quiet park in Shefford.
- "I feel better in myself that I was able to do Tai Chi."
- "The other day I ran upstairs like I used to – for the first time in years."
- "Since starting tai chi with Ian I have noticed an increase in energy levels and a calmer state of mind. It does take work and practice, but is most definitely worth the effort" - Carla N
- "I am more aware of how my body works and I can do things the correct movement way."
- "Better movement in lower back."
- "I feel more relaxed and my posture is better."
- "I am more aware of my posture – by doing the exercises it has helped with my backaches. My knees are also much improved….I have suffered pain for several years."
- "My handwriting has improved – my hand used to shake but it is much steadier now."
- "I am more aware of the correct way to bend, sit and stand and have learned how to control balance."
- "I don’t need to hold onto the bannister rail now when I go up or down stairs."
- "I make time for myself."
- "I feel more relaxed here."
“I have been practicing Tai Chi once a week with Ian Deavin and after 4 years I realised just how much better my back was feeling and that I simply don’t notice my shoulder, which used to be quite painful – so I have started going to classes twice a week and really enjoy it.” - Val Rigby, 81
Sign up for our Tai Chi Newsletter
2-3 newsletters per month – we won’t clog up your mailbox
News & Information
Training & Seminars
Enter your name and email and stay on top of things.