Search the website
Follow us on LinkedIn
Our Tweets ...Follow
Chen Style Tai Chi classes, seminars & workshops. Classes in Shefford and Letchworth. for health, balance, mobility, falls prevention and as a martial art.
Our next Tai Chi class in the beautiful surroundings of the Swiss Garden is on Nov 4th at 10.30am. After our class, why not stay a while and enjoy this stunning setting. Find out more and book your ticket at http://ow.ly/y4vL30rWGG8
Join us today at 2.30pm for Tai Chi in Shefford Community Hall. There's no need to book, just turn up wearing flat soled shoes and loose, comfortable clothing.
Our next class is tomorrow at Shefford Community Hall. Join us at 2.30pm in Shefford Community Hall. There's no need to book - just turn up wearing flat soled shoes and loose, comfortable clothing.
- "After doing the class I feel calm and able to cope better with stress."
- "Knowing when my posture is bad it reminds me to straighten up, relaxation which can be done at home and also feeling better in my body."
- "After a fall years ago, I have developed difficulties with balance and I now walk with a stick. These classes have enormously developed my sense of balance. It follows now that, instead of expecting a near future of less and less mobility, I anticipate to be mobile as long as I live."
“I have been practicing Tai Chi once a week with Ian Deavin and after 4 years I realised just how much better my back was feeling and that I simply don’t notice my shoulder, which used to be quite painful – so I have started going to classes twice a week and really enjoy it.” - Val Rigby, 81
- "I am more relaxed and less stressed."
- "Good relaxation and feel good."
- "I am more aware of the correct way to bend, sit and stand and have learned how to control balance."
- "Excellent lesson tonight Ian, some seriously impressive stance and posture work" - Liberty Louise
- "I find it much easier to bend and move about."
- "I make time for myself."
- "The other day I ran upstairs like I used to – for the first time in years."
- "My reason for choosing Tai Chi was that I needed to reduce the tension my body would store as a result of normal daily activities and I felt that Tai Chi would be the answer. I needed to persevere in the early months as it was quite a difficult concept to relax and let go of tension by moving with tiny adjustments to my posture. Now it is almost second nature to check and recheck my posture in order to relax and ease the tension.
Looking back to the early months of Tai Chi I learnt how to listen to my body as it told me the discomforts that I had to release and work to ease. When I started I had a knee injury and a lower back niggle which was frequently needing adjustment by a practitioner. My knee is no longer an issue and my back is kept comfortable by small and regular positional checks throughout Tai Chi sessions and exercises and in daily living" - Sheila Biscoe
- "Since starting tai chi with Ian I have noticed an increase in energy levels and a calmer state of mind. It does take work and practice, but is most definitely worth the effort" - Carla N
- "I was rather apprehensive when I attended my first drop in Tai Chi session! I was made very welcome and found I enjoyed participating in the gentle exercise under the tuition of Ian. Tai Chi has helped my posture and balance, especially when walking" - Janet Hill
Get updates from the Tai Chi Blog
Directory of Bedford Tai Chi
Enter your name and email and stay on top of things.